Wednesday, December 2, 2015

What's a 'Rogue-Bot'?

Just a quick little post today to relay my gratitude. 
Since leaving roller derby in February, I have had a little extra time on my hands. oh, let's be real...i have a lot of extra time! Not only that, but I have 2 amazingly giving friends that I gained from that chapter in my life.
And, the three of us have the best time just trying to be good people. 
These days, instead of trying to come up with practice drills and safety policies, i'm back to crafting! And the beauty of that, is that i can take my art and turn it into money for charity.
My friends and I formed a little group. A lot of people are confused by it, and it's a little bit of an inside joke, but mostly it's just silly... like us.
Let me explain:
we joined derby.
we each had our own experiences with it, but seemed to have a common bond that just got stronger as we struggled with our individual derby journeys. 
Things happen and people talk...I always used say 'we went rogue' when people questioned our opinions and actions. but sometimes you believe in something so strongly that you must do what you feel is right. 
our thought was simple: think logically and don't take anything too seriously or personally...like robots.
thus, we dubbed ourselves 'Rogue-Bots'
and then we had my hubby draw us a logo for our silly group of do-gooders. (that's logical, right?)
Our goal is to be a positive force in the communities in which we live. It's just the logical thing to do.
we're not going to change the world, but we will continue to do good where we can.

In fact, as we have our team set up for Relay for Life (Midcape), we had a very successful fundraising event this past saturday. That came the day after our impromptu gig as charity gift-wrappers at Barnes & Noble. Between the two events, we were able to raise over $500 for the American Cancer Society!

now, this is something i would not have done if i had never met these two amazing friends of mine.
it's sometimes crazy when i think about how a life can change just by a chance meeting.
it's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world...and i'm a better person because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment