Wednesday, November 4, 2015

i am the girl of 100 lists...

no Iceland blog today. I think I covered most of the trip in the last 4 blogs. That doesn't mean i don't still think about that trip every day. My facebook feed is full of Iceland...i follow at least 3 pages, so that I can see it's beauty daily. And, also take notes for the next trip.
so what's been going on since I've finished combing through my 100's of pictures, and reliving that glorious time away from the hustle and bustle of life?
well, I'm back to the hustle and bustle, of course.
I decided, during that time i could collect my thoughts, that I needed to realize that my life is not really moving. I go to work, I do random things to keep myself busy, and i hang out with the dog and hubby when I can.
but is that living?
since quitting roller derby nearly a year ago (February, i think i made it official?), i've had a ton of time freed up.
I have a few things i could fill that time with...
but then suddenly...
i'm strapped for time again!
the end of the year is jam-packed. 
it's like there was a set number of holidays we needed to have in a year, and they weren't spaced out properly so we just threw a bunch in at the end. like when you're making your 'YARD SALE' sign and you started too far to the right and 'sale' is all mashed and illegible. well, i feel like the end of the year is like that...all mashed up.
so here i am ...wanting to do too many things, while also having that list of things that still needs to get done.
Specifically
a couple friends and i finally found a few hours on a Saturday morning to get out and roller skate. It was a beautiful and unseasonably warm November 1. I took a digger at the very bottom of a tall hill. there was a patch of thick sand at the bottom and my wheels stopped, while my body continued its forward motion.
my lucky day! 
i managed to skate away with a few scrapes and a couple sprained fingers. i did not hit my face or bite my tongue or break any bones. it was a good day!
It makes my quilling a little more painful, but i have a meeting on Thursday and a craft show at the end of the month. plus the IFAW holiday bazaar next month.
I got my work schedule changed to free up Wednesday mornings so i could stay out late and play field hockey with some friends Tuesday nights. last night was to be my first try. i bailed to try to get some work done.
already i can see a pattern of coming up short on time. 
i also turned down an invite to skate this morning, because i can't afford the temptation to not get stuff done today!
what's so important? 
i mean, how much time could i possibly need to just sit and do paper crafts all day, right?
well, i have some momentum going on my car project, too. I need to take advantage of the nice weather to get my shed cleared out (which means extracting mice) so i can have room to work on the back axle this winter. I have a friend helping me, so i have a list of stuff to get going on. and, without a heated garage, i need to get outside and under the car while the 50-60 degree days are still upon us. (unfortunately, also good days for skating. but that just means we'll have to plan some off-cape rink time, soon)
Thankfully, the Tuesday trips to waltham for Moxie's radiation appointments have ended until the scan in January.
For now, I can cross 'write blog post' off my list and get to work on the rest.
Dirty work, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment